Introducing the Song of the Sweet Absolute
Bhagavad Gita. This transcendental song is really a lyrical and scientific call to clarity for all jivas (individual souls) who are struggling hard in this land of illusion. We are caught in the matrix of maya here, slaves to our own mind and desires, and subject to the cruel laws of nature. The Gita opens our eyes to reality, far beyond the mental or sensual plane.
The following is a glorification of the Gita, written originally in Sanskrit, the language of the Gita and of gods, according to the Vedas. I am paraphrasing here; it is not a literal translation.
1. This Bhagavad Gita bestows all good. If one regularly reads it with attention he/she goes to the plane of Lord Vishnu, a plane where fear, distress and sorrow are conspicuous by their absence.
2. If someone studies the Gita with full attention, all of his/her material karma and negative reactions will be erased.
3. As a person daily bathes to clean his/her body, by bathing just once in the waters of the Gita (hearing or reading it from the lips of a pure devotee), all dirty things from all previous material experiences will be washed away.
4. This divine song comes directly from the mouth of the sweet absolute, the supreme truth, Sri Krishna. He sang it to Arjuna with love. What better knowledge or more precious treasure can there be?
5. By drinking this Ganges water of the Gita (by regularly singing or reading its verses), one will never take birth again in this ignorant and temporary material world, but will return to the eternal world of knowledge and bliss.
6. All the Upanisads (Vedic literatures) are the cow, Sri Krishna, the son of Nanda, is the milker of that cow, Arjuna is the calf, the nectar of the Gita is the milk, and the fortunate readers or hearers of the Gita are the enjoyers of the milk.
7. The one who appeared in this world as the son of Nanda, Sri Krishna, is the supreme truth.
The one essence of all scriptures is the song (Bhagavad Gita) sung by that divine son of Nanda, Sri Krishna.
The one mantra to deliver everyone from material illusion is the mantra of the names of that supreme truth, Sri Krishna.
And the one work that will bring peace, harmony and matchless gifts to humanity is devotional service to that supreme truth.
Please read Bhagavad Gita As It Is, Original Macmillan Edition, by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.